Wednesday, May 20, 2009

psalm 62--reworked...

How's this? I made some changes and adjustments, so could you let me know what you think?

Psalm 62 (set to Kingsfold maybe?)

For God, my rock, my safe defense
My soul waits silently
I shant be swayed, though strength gives way
Salvation comes from He
How long will you attack a man
You all, who will be slain
A leaning wall, you will collapse
A fence that will not stand

For God alone my soul will wait
From Him I find my hope
He, my salvation and my hope
Defense against the foe
My glory and my salvation
My strength and surety
The refuge for all, found in God
No man will e'er shake me

Do not, in vain, put hope in men
Nor trust in wealth or fame
For man is but a fleeting breath
A sigh too brief to name
For He has spoken, I have heard
That pow'r belongs to God
And mercy to reward each man
According to his work

No comments:

Post a Comment